EM 385-1-1 40 Hour Online Course (no OSHA 30)
This online course is for contractors, military and government employees who enforce or must comply to the EM 385-1-1 US Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health requirements. This online forty (40) hour training course provides information relative to the US Army Corps Safety and Health Requirements Manual. Compliance with the EM 385-1-1 is required of all contractors working on military contracts and projects, and this course is the building block to that success.
*Note: This online course does not include an OSHA 30 – Construction card.
Upon the completion of this course, you will receive an EM 385-1-1 certificate that is valid for 5 years.
This 40-Hour EM 385-1-1 course is crucial for maintaining a safe and efficient work environment on military jobsites. We provide information relative to the US Army Corps Safety and Health Requirements Manual, EM385-1-1 and pertinent Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction standards. After each course module, a short quiz must be completed to check your knowledge. At the end of the course, you will take a Final Exam consisting of 100 questions which you must score 80% or higher to pass the course. After completing the Final Exam, you can print out your certificate which is valid for 5 years from course completion.
This course is for contractors, military and government employees who enforce or must comply with the November 2014 EM385-1-1 US Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health Requirements.
- Section 01 – Program Management
- Section 02 – Sanitation
- Section 03 – Medical and First-Aid Requirements
- Section 04 – temporary Facilities
- Section 05 – Personal Protective and Safety Equipment
- Section 06 – Hazardous or Toxic Agents and Environments
- Section 07 – Lighting
- Section 08 – Accident Prevention Signs, Tags, Labels, Signals, Piping System
- Section 09 – Fire Prevention and Protection
- Section 10 – Welding and Cutting
- Section 11 – Electrical
- Section 12 – Control of Hazardous Energy
- Section 13 – Hand and Power Tools
- Section 14 – Material Handling, Storage and Disposal
- Section 15 – Rigging
- Section 16 – Load Handling Equipment (LHE)
- Sections 17 – Conveyors
- Sections 18 – Vehicles, Machinery and Equipment
- Sections 19 – Floating Plant and Marine Activities
- Sections 20 – Pressurized Equipment and Systems
- Section 21 – Fall Protection
- Section 22 – Work Platforms and Scaffolding
- Section 23 – Demolition, Renovation and Re-Occupancy
- Section 24 – Safe Access, Ladders, Floor & Wall Openings, Stairs and Railing Systems
- Section 25 – Excavation and Trenching
- Section 27- Concrete, Masonry, Roofing and Residential Construction
- Section 28 – Steel Erection
- Section 29 – Blasting
- Section 30 – Diving Operations
- Section 31 – Tree Maintenance and Removal
- Section 32 – Airfield and Aircraft Operations
- Section 33 – Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Section 34 – Confined Space Entry